The Color System
Sidewalks in Tel Aviv-Yafo are painted to indicate whether parking is permitted or prohibited:
Gray (no color) – parking is allowed under the restrictions listed on parking signs located in the beginning of the street.
Red-and-white stripes – parking is prohibited.
Red-and-gray stripes – parking depends on information provided on parking signs located in the beginning of the street.
- Non-residents – paid parking is allowed between the hours 9:00am – 5:00pm under the restrictions listed on parking signs located in the beginning of the street.
Between the hours 5:00pm – 09:00am parking is prohibited, unless parking signs located in the beginning of the street indicate otherwise.
- City Residents – city-wide parking is allowed free of charge between the hours 9:00am – 5:00pm for all vehicles bearing a parking sticker for residents.
Between the hours 5:00pm – 09:00am parking is only allowed for vehicles with a parking sticker that matches the parking zone, unless parking signs located in the beginning of the street indicate otherwise.
- On several streets in Tel Aviv-Yafo parking is prohibited 24/7 to non-city residents, and permitted only to residents with a parking sticker that matches the parking zone.
There are two main parking signs in Tel Aviv:
1. Restricted Parking Signs: indicating that parking is available only for residents with a parking permit at certain hours - for English version click here.
2) Regular Parking Signs: indicating that parking is available for the general public (payment required at certain hours) -for English version click here.
To pay your parking fine, please enter the payment system.
Parking regulations in place since 2012:
We have enabled Tel Aviv-Yafo residents with a parking sticker to park their vehicles all across the city without payment in regular parking spaces (blue and white) and in accordance with road signs. For more information, click here.
We have doubled the amount of “close to home” parking lots.
We have increased discount rates to 75% (instead of 50%) in the municipal “Achuzot Ha’hof” parking lots. (The University Parking Lot, the Carmel Parking Lot, the Golda Parking Lot, and the Beit Adar Alef Parking Lot are not part of the new arrangement, and their discount rate for Tel Aviv-Yafo residents remains 50%.)
We have added free of charge night parking lots for owners of relevant parking stickers.