Start Tel Aviv is a global competition held by The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Tel Aviv Global that brings together startups from 31 different countries around the world to compete for the opportunity to take part in an intense, five-day startup experience in Tel Aviv's startup ecosystem. 31 competitions take place in 31 countries in order to find the best startup in each country. The list of winners will contain the best startups in the world.
This year the competition celebrates women entrepreneurship around the world, and the winners arriving in Tel Aviv will be women founders from around the world.
Tel Aviv is the business capital of Israel and a leading innovation hub with a local ecosystem of world class tech talents, dozens of leading multinationals and hundreds of tech startups. The city was ranked #1 Startup Ecosystem outside the United States by Compass Report, and one of the most innovative cities in the world by Wired. Tel Aviv's startup scene is also a leader in gender equality: the ecosystem has been ranked #1 hub for women outside the United States; according to the Compass report, Tel Aviv has 20% women founders in startups, while the European average is 17%. Furthermore, the city has a growing number of programs and accelerators that are by women for women, such as Campus for Moms and WMN.
Israel is a country known around the world as "The Startup Nation". Through its human capital, Israel generates more start-up companies than other large, industrial nations around the world. In addition, Israel has, per capita, attracted over twice as much venture capital investment as the United States and 31 times more than all the members of the European Union combined.
The Competition – a focus on women entrepreneurship:
In spring 2016, the competition will launch in 31 countries around the world. This marks the fifth annual competition in which the founders of the best international startups are chosen to represent their country and arrive in Tel Aviv at the best time to experience innovation.
More Information to be found here.
A 5-day, all-expenses paid trip where the 31 winners, will participate in lectures, workshops and meetings with leading Israeli investors and professionals.
Start Tel Aviv will take place during the DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival, and participants will have the opportunity to meet the coolest and smartest companies, techies, startups, designers, artists, scientists, investors, and culture creators from Israel and abroad.
The DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival is a global gathering of innovators and entrepreneurs from around the world, held throughout Tel Aviv between the 25-29 of September, 2016. The Festival is comprised of a long list of events, conferences, meet-ups, mingles and gatherings, all focusing on different sides of digital, technological, social, and urban innovation. http://dldtelaviv.com/
Participating countries: Astonia, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kenya, Latvia, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Poland, Peru, Serbia, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, Uruguay and Vietnam.*
*Subject to changes
The winners of the 2016 Start Tel Aviv competition are:
1. Alice Mueni Mutisya | Head of Products, ToToHealth | KENYA: Mobile technology to help reduce maternal & child mortality and detect developmental abnormalities in early stages.
2. Bray Julie | CEO, Konnective | AUSTRALIA: Secure broadcast messaging - Make sure your message gets through, Konnective provides a way to easily manage your communications.
3. Chiara Saba | CEO, Yenetics | ITALY: A Proprietary device for delivering a non-invasive prenatal test for rare diseases.
4. Chika Tsunda | CEO, AnyTimes | JAPAN: AnyTimes is a web service and mobile app which connects users who want to ask for anything from daily errands to professional services and users who want to make extra money by offering these services.
5. Cloé Dana | Co-Founder, Henjoy | FRANCE: Henjoy is a fashion rental mobile marketplace.
You will now be able to rent clothes & bags in order to Save money / Make money.
6. Edyta Kocyk | CEO, SiDLY | POLAND: SiDLY is a manufacturer and supplier of advanced equipment and systems for medical telematics. Our mission is to allow each person a permanent access to medical diagnostics.
7. Ilze Zaharane | Co-Founder & CEO, CheeksUp | LATVIA: Interactive facial therapy game to support children with speech and face disabilities.
8. Kirsty Sharman | Head of Global Operations, Webfluential | SOUTH AFRICA: Webfluential is a global Influencer Marketing platform which provides the smartest marketing technology for brands to connect to social influencers.
9. Liliana Marques | Co-Founder, CoolFarm | PORTUGAL: CoolFarm is a flexible control system, easily adapted to all sensors and actuators available in the market and to all indoor typologies (horizontal/vertical greenhouses and warehouses).
10. Magdalena Rodríguez | Co-Founder and director, GPSGay | URUGUAY: The Network for the GLBT community - the biggest one in Latin America.
11. Maneerat Wongjaroenporn | Co-Founder & COO, LenNam (TechFarm) | THAILAND: TechFarm is an agricultural startup which aims to help farmers have better and easier life.
12. Marija Janjusevic | Co-Founder & COO, Kidster | SERBIA: Kidster is the kidstuff marketplace for parents who understand the value of pre-owned things. We help parents keep up with their kids' constantly changing needs by providing a mobile app through which they can shop and sell everything they need and do not need.
13. Melina Guelman | Managing Director , Menu For Tourist | BRAZIL: A platform that concentrates the menus of the best restaurants in your city, translated to up to 8 languages.
14. Nguyen Pham | CEO, EasyJob | VIETNAM: Turning job hunting into an easy and intuitive experience for both sides.
15. Pamela Newenham | Co-Founder, GirlCrew | IRELAND: The easiest way to make new friends - do everything together, from brunches and lunches, with GirlCrew, it’s easy to find your tribe,
just when you need them.
16. Renáta Tamási-Irsai | CEO, Samebug | HUNGARY: A platform where developers meet, find and share solutions to software bugs. Samebug uses stack trace analysis to find the most relevant solutions, enabling developers to adopt new technologies faster and develop more reliable applications by reusing bug-fixing knowledge.
17. Soyeong Sim | CEO, DoDotDo | SOUTH KOREA: Hospitality intelligent management system.
18. Ursula Salazar Roggero | Co-Founder, oChat | PERU: Provide a technological solution that will allow physically disabled people to communicate through instant messaging applications by moving their eyes.
19. Andrea Palmer | CEO & Founder, Awake Labs | CANADA: Empowered care for autism. Reveal provides biometric analytics to help individuals on the autism spectrum decrease anxiety and prevent behaviour meltdowns.
20. América Silva | CEO & Founder, Takeahand | CHILE: takeaHand aims to a world where everyone will have the hands they need.
21. Ilana Milkes | CEO & Co-Founder, Nativo Digital | COLOMBIA: World Tech Makers - Code the startup way. Learn to write clean code and build software products.
22. Annika Salak | CEO & Co-Founder, Leansite | ESTONIA: Visual and collaborative tool for construction, organized. Leansite's flexible management and team collaboration app brings together all aspects of construction production on site.
23. Carita Seppa | COO & Co-Founder, Tespack | FINLAND: Solar Smartpacks - with Tespack you will never lose your power. Simply collect, store and use your energy and keep all your devices charged, with style.
24. Komal Talwar | CEO & Founder, XLPAT LABS | INDIA: A Cloud Platform for patent tracking, database monitoring, patent watch and patent related tools.
25. Mausumi Acharyya | CEO & Founder, Advenio | INDIA: A multidisciplinary consultancy providing end-to-end services and solutions to the Image processing and machine vision community.
26. May Montero | COO & Co-Founder, Tambio | PHILIPPINES: A platform that designed to announce raffle campaigns from start to winners! Increasing raffle’s transparency and credibility in the long run.
27. Angelique Uy | Co-Founder & Marketing Director, Zap | PHILIPPINES: Get CashBack points from your favorite establishments in the metro.
28. Corrionero Ana | CEO, Enzymlogic | SPAIN: Provide innovative solutions to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries in order to assist in the development of more successful and safer drugs to improve patients' quality of life.
29. Tanya Menendez | CMO & Co-Founder, MakersRow | USA: Factory Sourcing Made Easy - America's Best Factories in One Place - making the manufacturing process simple to understand and easy to access, providing unparalleled access to industry-specific factories and suppliers across the United States.
**The rest of the winners TBD